A friend of mine let me have this Calico Bean Crock Pot recipe after having it at her house. I have changed it a bit over the years because of our taste preferences and because I was making it a little healthier. I LOVE this recipe because it is super easy and very healthy! You can also serve it in a lot of different ways! My favorite is to eat it plain but my daughter likes it with rice.
Crockpot Calico Beans Family Recipe
- ¼ lb Turkey or Regular Bacon
- ¼ lb ground beef cooked (optional)
- 1 large can of Pork and Beans
- 3 different cans of Beans (pinto, kidney, white, red, great northern, Navy, or Lima)
- ½ C Onions chopped
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- 1 T Mustard
- 1 T Vinegar (white or apple cider)
- ½ C Ketchup
- If you are using ground beef or regular bacon, cook it in a pan and remove grease.
- add beans, beef, bacon, and other ingredients into crockpot and stir together
- Let cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as desired (over rice or potatoes or just plain)
Check out the rest of our Frugal Family Recipes!