Peppermint Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Creator: Melissa @ Living a Frugal Life
Recipe type: Dessert, Christmas
- 41/2 Cups Sugar
- 1⅓ Sticks Butter
- 1 can (14oz) Evaporated Milk
- 12 oz Nestle Chocolate Chips
- 4.4-4.5 oz Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 13oz Marshmallow Creme
- 1tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ tsp. Peppermint Extract
- Melt butter in the pan and cream sugar with it
- Add Evaporated Milk
- Stir constantly and bring it to a full rolling boil
- when boiling can't be stirred down let mixture boil for 10 min stirring once.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, Hershey's chocolate bar, Salt, Vanilla and peppermint extract. stir until completely mixed.
- Add marshmallow creme and stir until completely mixed.
- Stir briskly until very creamy and cooled. The fudge will start to look matte as it cools enough.
- Put in buttered 9x13 dish and set on counter overnight to set.
- Fudge will be slightly soft but able to cut in squares and sit on a plate without falling.
Recipe by Living A Frugal Life at http://www.livingafrugallife.com/chocolate-fudge-recipe-with-a-peppermint-twist/