Food Maxx Coupon and Price Matching Policy
I had a talk with Save Mart Corporate office yesterday. Save Mart owns Food Maxx ,so they are your contact for any problems you have. I have heard conflicting things about the price matching and couponing at Food Maxx and I have looked at their website and wasn’t able to find anything that told me rules or policies that you could take to the store with you. So I decided to call and get the answers we need.
The fact is, they have no price matching or coupon policy in writing. I personally find that very frustrating as you have no guidelines or rules that you can follow. But I asked a few questions and so I have some answers. If you have any other questions I have a direct line I can get answers from. So please leave any questions you have in the comments.
Here are a few points for you to be aware of:
- Food Maxx price matches all ads except those stores that have cards. Unfortunately this means that they don’t price match Vons/Safeway ads. I have had them match that ad though and when I brought that up, the answer was that they leave the choice up to the manager to what they will accept and what they wont. So if you are in a store and they don’t price match something ask for he store manager. what they say goes. Also if you know if one manager that accepts it and the other that doesn’t, you may want to shop when that manager is there.
- Food Maxx Matches competitor coupons. I have had a few people tell me that their store didn’t match them. The official policy is to accept them, but again, it is up to the manager.
- When matching prices you must have the ad. I am pretty sure you have to have the printed ad in this case. When I have price matched, they have always taken the ad after they matched the transaction. I am not sure if this is policy though, so I would always try to have the printed ad just in case
- Price matches must match the item exactly. This means the brand, size and everything else about the advertised price must be the same. Store brand items can not be price matched (but again is up to the manager to make the final call).
- Meats must be price matched with a meat man before you go to the checkout and must be the same item as in the ad. (some wiggle room is left to this, but the cuts are usually named the same thing)
As for coupons:
- They accept all manufacturers coupons
- They accept competitor coupons as long as they don’t require a card to use them (Vons/Safeway)
- They accept store coupons from their ads.
- one store and one manufacturer coupon for each item
- since they have no club cards, no ecoupons can be used.
- They have catalina machines there, so they accept those coupons.
Again most things are left up to each manager. So if you have more then 1 Food Maxx and one manager isn’t coupon or price matching friendly, and the other is friendly, you will want to go to the store with the friendlier manager. The lady I talked with stressed the fact that they encourage the managers to be concerned that every customer gets an enjoyable shopping experience so they encourage them to use their best judgment in what would be ok for them to do with price matching and coupons.
If you have any other questions please let me know. I just wanted to get an unofficial coupon and price matching policy written up here so you all have some guidelines to work off of when you go to a store.
For the best deals at local stores see the Store Deals