This stuffed green pepper soup recipe was given to me a long time ago from a friend names Robin. I had it stuck in the back of my recipe book until the other day when I was looking for a soup. I modified it a bit from the original and it was the YUMMIEST tomato base soup!
I think you will agree that it tastes like a new dimension to any stuffed pepper recipes that you have tried and it is the perfect balance!
Stuffed Pepper Soup: Frugal Recipe
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups of green bell pepper
- 2 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. beef bullion
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- water to desired thickness
- In a pot, cook onions and green peppers in a little oil for 4-5 min. add ground beef and cook until brown, remove all grease
- Add Remaining ingredients and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20-30 min.
- Add water until soup is desired thickness
If you love this recipe check out the recipe for stuffed peppers!
Check out more Frugal Recipes
Sign up for free updates via email and get a FREE printable of "10 Thing You Could Do Today to Save Money on Your Household Budget"!