One of my favorite things to make in the winter with left over taco meat is to make taco soup!
Super quick, easy and a wonderful way to use up left overs.
Frugal Family Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb or hamburger meat, browned or beans (I do a mixture)
- Salt, pepper and garlic to season meat
- 3 Chopped Green Onions
- 1 15 oz can of Black Beans undrained
- 1 14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes undrained
- 1 15 oz can of Pinto Beans undrained
- 1 14 oz can of beef broth or 2 cups of water and 2 beef bullion cubes
- 6 Tbs of Taco seasoning mix (or 1 package of taco seasoning)
- 1 15oz can of sweet corn
- *can substitute dry beans, cooked, or frozen corn for any of the canned veggies and beans*
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Add remaining ingredients
- Simmer 30 min – 1 hour
- Top with cheese, chips, sour cream, salsa or any other toppings you like!
Check out the rest of our Frugal Family Recipes!
Sign up for free updates via email and get a FREE printable of "10 Thing You Could Do Today to Save Money on Your Household Budget"!