One of my favorite things to make in the winter with left over taco meat is to make taco soup!
Super quick, easy and a wonderful way to use up left overs.
Frugal Family Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb or hamburger meat, browned or beans (I do a mixture)
- Salt, pepper and garlic to season meat
- 3 Chopped Green Onions
- 1 15 oz can of Black Beans undrained
- 1 14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes undrained
- 1 15 oz can of Pinto Beans undrained
- 1 14 oz can of beef broth or 2 cups of water and 2 beef bullion cubes
- 6 Tbs of Taco seasoning mix (or 1 package of taco seasoning)
- 1 15oz can of sweet corn
- *can substitute dry beans, cooked, or frozen corn for any of the canned veggies and beans*
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Add remaining ingredients
- Simmer 30 min – 1 hour
- Top with cheese, chips, sour cream, salsa or any other toppings you like!
Check out the rest of our Frugal Family Recipes!