One of my favorite things to make in the winter with left over taco meat is to make taco soup! I also like to make a huge stock pot of this soup and freeze some of it for later. This is a great make ahead and freezer recipe to have on hand!
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe for your family, this one is the perfect one to have on hand. It uses mostly canned food so it just takes the time to heat it up and eat it after you cook the meat!
Frugal Family Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb or hamburger meat, browned or beans (I do a mixture)
- Salt, pepper and garlic to season meat
- 3 Chopped Green Onions
- 1 15 oz can of Black Beans undrained
- 1 14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes undrained
- 1 15 oz can of Pinto Beans undrained
- 1 14 oz can of beef broth or 2 cups of water and 2 beef bullion cubes
- 6 Tbs of Taco seasoning mix (or 1 package of taco seasoning)
- 1 15oz can of sweet corn
- *can substitute dry beans, cooked, or frozen corn for any of the canned veggies and beans*
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Add remaining ingredients
- Simmer 30 min – 1 hour
- Top with cheese, chips, sour cream, salsa or any other toppings you like!