This healthy enchilada soup recipe is a favorite in our family. It is really filling and goes great with lots of toppings like any healthy tortilla soup recipe.
Healthy Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken breast, chopped in bite size pieces
- 8 cloves of garlic
- ¼ a bunch of cilantro chopped finely
- 5 corn tortillas cut into squares
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 onions finely shopped
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 Tbs Cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Warm oil in large pot
- Add Garlic and cilantro and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add tortilla squares to pot and cook until soft
- Add Chicken, crushed tomatoes, onions, chicken broth, water, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and bay leaves and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins
- After 30 mins, remove bay leaves and serve
- Top with sour creme, avocado, crushed chips, tortillas, or shredded cheese.
Check out more healthy meals.