When I need a quick and healthy meal for my family, I always turn to my healthy zucchini and garbanzo bean ragout recipe. This is a great garbanzo bean recipe. It is one you can make taste a variety of ways as well since you can add different seasonings for different tastes.
This recipe is usually done in about 30 mins so it is a great recipe for those nights when you need a quick and healthy meal for your family.
Healthy Zucchini and Garbanzo Bean Ragout Recipe
- 2 Zucchini chopped in 4 and sliced
- 1 can Diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can Garbanzo beans
- 1 Onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 T Olive oil
- seasoning of your choice (I use garlic powder, lemon pepper, or italian seasoning)
- Chop zucchini and onion
- Add oil to pan and heat slightly
- Saute zucchini and onion in oil until soft
- Add cans of tomatoes, and garbanzo beans and season to taste with salt and pepper and seasonings
- cook uncovered over low heat for about ½ hour
- serve over rice