Prior to a few months ago I had never tried a Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe. I have started to really love quinoa so when I found a recipe for quinoa stuffed peppers I knew it was going to be good.
When I started to make the recipe I realized that I was going to need to adjust it a bit so I started the trial and error process of making it what I like and what I had in the house. That is the best part about stuffed pepper recipes, you can change them based on what you have at home.
Quinoa Stuffed Pepper Recipe
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tsp Cyan Pepper
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup of uncooked Quinoa
- 1/12 cups of water
- 1 10 OZ chopped spinach, if frozen defrost before adding
- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, ribs removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery, carrot, and cyan pepper for about 5 mins or until soft.
- Add cumin and garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in spinach and drained tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in black beans, quinoa and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 mins or until quinoa is tender.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat over to 350 and pour reserved liquid fromt he tomatoes into a backing dish.
- Fill each ½ of bell pepper with quinoa mixture and place into backing dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 mins.
- Drizzle juices over the peppers when serving them.
The filling could make a great stuffed green pepper recipe too!
Be sure to check out more Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Sign up for free updates via email and get a FREE printable of "10 Thing You Could Do Today to Save Money on Your Household Budget"!