If you are new to the series and you want to read te beginning of the story, see HERE.
I was going to include Craigslist in my last post, but there was so much information in that post that I decided to separate the two. Craigslist is a bit of a challenge for me. I use it, but usually let my husband take care of the sales stuff. I am not very patient when it comes to getting my stuff out the door and out of my way. But There are many things you can do to help the process get going and get the items out of your house.
- Research your price before you post- don’t just figure out the price you want for the item, research how much others are paying or wanting to pay for the item. If you can get your price in line with their price you will sell it much faster then if you have to go through negotiations with people trying to buy your product
- Take detailed pictures- this includes things wrong with the item. Take pictures of any flaws and post it with the item when you post on Craigslist. This helps those buying to see what they will be getting so there aren’t as many questions
- Be honest in your description- when you have a vague description people wont want to take the time to ask you a hundred questions to find what they like. They will move on to the next person selling and get theirs.
- Be prepared to get emails that go no where- this is where I have a hard time. People will email you and ask you a question, you will respond and never hear form them again. This happens more then I get responses from people really interested. But if you are diligent and just let that slide, you can focus on those who are really interested and get the sale happening
- Know your bottom line before you post- know what your bottom price you are willing to take would be. This will help the negotiations go faster and the item out the door
When buying from craigslist, you also want to do a few things
- Know the regular price of the item – If you know this you will be able to know your getting a good deal
- Know the top price you will pay – This also helps you get a good deal, but it will help you to know where to take the negotiations with the seller
- Search and search some more – keep searching until you find what you want at the price you want to pay