Cauliflower for me has always been something that you love or you hate. It has a very bland taste and it sometimes it just not that great unless you have something to dip it in or eat it with. I have found that there are 2 ways that I can make cauliflower that me and my family love it every time. That is boiled and mashed with some seasoning, or made with cheese sauce on top. Seeing that the mashed ones are kind of self explanatory, I thought I would share our recipe for Cheesy Cauliflower. This is the only way growing up I would eat it as my mom never made them mashed.
Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce
- Start with Cauliflower washed and cut it into bite size pieces with a few being just larger then that.
- Put it in a pot with water covering it and cook just until soft.
- While that is cooking start a white sauce. This is done by putting some butter and flour in a pan and stiring it until blended, be careful not to burn it.
- Then take milk and slowly pour it in, whisking while you pour so the flour, butter mixture doesn’t clump.
- When you have it blended into a saucy looking mixture, add cubes of cheese and stir. the amount of cheese depends on your cheese taste. some people like it strong, others don’t so use your discretion.
- When that is done, drain Cauliflower and pour cheese sauce over it.
- let sit about 2-3 min. and serve!
**Cheese sauce will get a little thinner after it is poured over so be sure you make it thicker then you would normally want it.**
Next Weeks Ingredient: Mandarin Oranges
Check out more Frugal Recipes