I LOVE crock pot cooking! Best thing ever! We also love this recipe.
My mom has always laughed because chicken and rice recipes have always been a staple for me since I started cooking. But I think this one is a little different and more “high class” if you will.
This healthy recipe is a perfect one to cook a big batch of and freeze 1/2 for another time so you don’t have to do dishes as much.
Crock Pot Saucy Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 3 Cups Sliced Carrots
- 2 Cups Chopped Onions
- 6 Chicken Breasts halved
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken, mushroom or celery soup
- 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Dried Tarragon
- 2 TBS Corn Starch
- 1 can (15oz) of Chicken Broth
- In a Bowl combine creme soup cans, onion soup mix, dried thyme, pepper, and dried tarragon in a large bowl.
- Add carrots and onions to the bowl and mix
- Put chicken into crock pot and pour mixture over the top. Use a rubber scraper to get it all off the sides and into the crock pot.
- Let mixture and chicken cook for 4-5 hours on high
- Mix corn starch into chicken broth and stir it into crock pot mixture
- cover back up and cook for 30 min.
- Serve over rice
Be sure to check out more recipes for cooking on a budget.
Sign up for free updates via email and get a FREE printable of "10 Thing You Could Do Today to Save Money on Your Household Budget"!