Our family loves London Broil Beef Shish Kabobs! I think my favorite part is that you can make as little or as much as you need. If you only have a couple of people to feed you can easily make them, and if you have your extended family to feed you can make more.
The best part about kabobs is that you can put on your own veggies and they can be whatever you would like. This recipe is simple and easy and great for families!
The best way to make Lonodon broil skewers on the grill
My family always loves to help make kabobs. Since it takes a bit of time to make them it is always nice to have a couple of people helping so it goes faster.
It is important to note here that it doesn’t matter what type of skewer you use when preparing your beef shish kabobs. You can choose to use metal skewers or you can choose wooden skewers. Just be sure you soak the wood skewers in water before you put the meat and veggies on the skewers.
We find the best way to do it is to have 1 person cutting the vegetables and meat, one person organizing the veggies and meat, and a couple of others putting them on metal skewers. But there are times when I have to make the London broil shish kabobs myself.
When I have to make them myself, I will usually start with cutting and put them in bowls as I go. Then I sit at the table and I put the kabobs together. It is easier to batch it than to do one at a time.
But no matter how you make them, there are some important answers to questions I often get that help you to be prepared and to make the best London broil kabobs you can.
What cut of beef is best for shish kabobs?
The cut of beef is not as important as the shape of the meat. If you get ground beef the meat will not stay on the skewer. So you need to get a type of meat that is slightly thick and can be easily cut into cubes. This is why steak or London broil type meat is a good choice for beef shish kabobs.
Can you use London Broil for Shish kabobs?
London Broil is one of my favorite meats for shish kabobs. This is mostly due to the cost-effectiveness of it but it is also great, tender meat that can be easily cut into cubes. We use it most of the time making our beef shish kabobs.
Can you marinate London broil too long?
You can not marinate beef too long. The longer it marinates the more tender it gets and the more flavor the meat absorbs. Most people like to marinate their beef for hours to days. I will at least marinate for 20-30 minutes. But it depends on what you want your meat to taste like.
How do you grill kabobs without burning vegetables?
We have a few in our family that like lots of char and others that don’t like any so we have had lots of experience with making London broil kabobs in different ways.
When you grill on a BBQ you are always going to get a little char on whatever you cook. This is not burning. It is cooking. But if you want to minimize the char, just be sure you turn the skewers often. The more you turn or the sooner you turn the less char you will have. We have a few in our family that like lots of char and others that don’t like any so we have had lots of experience with making London broil kabobs in different ways. But remember that the char adds flavor so you don’t want to not cook the veggies enough.
What can you put on kabobs?
One of the things that makes Kabobs so great is the opportunity to make them your own. While you don’t want to just put whatever together, you really can put whatever flavors taste good together on a skewer and stick it on the grill. This includes peppers, onions, squash, zuchinni, Pineapple, apple slices, tomatoes, or any other combo you want to add.
Quick Beef Shish Kabob Recipe
1 lb London Broil cut into small pieces
1 White Onion cut into large pieces
1 Red pepper cut into large pieces
1 Orange pepper cut into large pieces
1 Yellow pepper cut into large pieces
1 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing for Marinade
1. Marinate London Broil in Zesty Italian Dressing for 10 to 15 minutes while you cut up the onion and peppers.
2. Put onion, pepper, and meat on skewers and place on grill.
3. Cook for 15-20 mins or until cooked through.
4. As it cooks turn the skewers every 4-5 mins to be sure 1 side doesn’t burn.
5. While cooking, take the leftover marinade and brush across Skewers every 3 minutes or so.
Quick Lonodon broil Shish Kabob Printable Recipe
London Broil Beef Shish Kabob Recipe
- 1/4 lb London Broil per person cut into small pieces
- 1 White Onion cut in large pieces
- 1 Red pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 orange pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing for Marinade
- Marinate London Broil in Zesty Italian Dressing for 10 to 15 minutes while you cut up the onion and peppers.
- Put onion, pepper, and meat on skewers and place on grill.
- Cook for 15-20 mins or until cooked through.
- As it cooks turn the skewers every 4-5 mins to be sure 1 side doesn't burn.
- While cooking, take the leftover marinade and brush across Skewers every 3 minutes or so.
Check out the rest of the cheap dinner for two!
More from Living A Frugal Life