Super Simple Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Homemade spaghetti sauce is a staple in our house. It is so fast and simple that We use it as a quick but healthy back up so we don’t go out to eat in a time pinch.
I used to always make a spaghetti sauce that had no chunks. My kids love it! but I decided to experiment with my spaghetti sauce recipe and add some chunky items to it.
I discovered a wonderful recipe for a healthy and chunky sauce! My kids ate it and I couldn’t be more excited about it.
I love using it as a time to make a healthy meal for my kids with some hidden veggies in it. I will often cut up onions into small pieces and make it a chunky style sauce. I also sometimes add some ground turkey to add some protein.
Super simple homemade spaghetti sauce recipe
1 LB of Ground Turkey (optional)
1 Onion Chopped
1/2 Large Red Bell Pepper Chopped
1 can of Tomato soup
1 small can of Tomato Paste + 1 can of water
1 small can of tomato sauce
2 T Italian seasoning
1T Garlic Salt
1. If having turkey, cook it until done and set aside
2. add chopped veggies and cook until soft
3. add cans of tomato soup, paste + water, and sauce
4. add seasoning and stir until completely combined. (change amounts of spices to taste)
5. bring to a low boil and boil for 5-10 min or until flavors combine.
Super simple homemade spaghetti sauce printable recipe
Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 1 can Tomato soup
- 1 can Tomato Paste small
- 1 can water measured in tomato paste can
- 1 can tomato sauce small
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbs Garlic Salt
- 1/2 large Red Bell Pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 Onion chopped (optional)
- 1 LB Ground Turkey (optional)
- If having turkey, cook it until done and set aside.
- Add chopped veggies and cook until soft.
- Add cans of tomato soup, paste, water, and sauce.
- Add seasoning and stir until completely combined. (change amounts of spices to taste).
- Bring to a low boil and boil for 5 min or until flavors combine.
Check out more posts from Living a Frugal Life
12 Ingredient Substitution Tips Frugal Recipes Use