The summer season typically means lots of patriotic holidays with lots of patriotic DIY home decor items! If you know you will be doing some outdoor dining this summer; you will want to give this patriotic DIY home decor Candle Holder a try. You don’t need to spend a lot to create one, in fact, quick trip to your local Dollar Tree store is all you need. In no time flat you can have a sparkly, patriotic candle holder perfect for lighting up your summer nights. Take a look at how easy one is to make.
Patriotic DIY Home Decor Candle Holder
We already had the glue gun, glue, and scissors on hand, so the total cost for this project was $3.
1. Begin by cutting a 2 inch wide strip of blue glitter foam and wrapping it around the candle holder. Secure it into place with glue.
2. Cut an additional strip or shape (we snipped out a simple square) from a piece of red glitter foam. Press it to the front of the candle holder.
3. Cut the floral lei apart so you can use the single flowers on it. Remove the red and blue ones.
4. Add a dab of glue to the back of the red and blue flowers and begin pressing them to the front of the candleholder. You can layer on as many as you would like for a nice and full look.
5. Disguise the glue marks on your final flower by cutting a small circle out of the glitter foam and placing it on top.
All you need to do now is place a battery operated or real votive inside and light it up. These patriotic DIY home decor candle holders are so easy and inexpensive to make, so give one a try this patriotic season and really get into the spirit.