Easy Mashed Potato and Ham Soup Dinner
I decided to have some soup when it started to get cooler. My husband loves creamy soups so I decided to try a new easy dinner idea. As I started looking at the recipe I realized I didn’t have 1/2 the ingredients. So I decided I would make my own version of mashed potatoe soup and it turned out WONDERFUL!
This is a perfect leftover ham soup! Love using the leftovers! So here is my version of a potato soup with ham:
Mashed Potato and Ham Soup
- 7-8 small to medium potatoes
- 2 ham steaks or thick pieces of ham cubed
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 4-8 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz ranch sour cream dip dip made of sour cream and ranch mix packet
- Prick potatoes with a fork and microwave on high for 12 – 15 minutes turning once. Be sure potatoes are cooked through. Let cool before handling
- Cut potatoes and scrape out insides into a bowl and mash with a fork and set aside.
- Melt Butter in a pan over medium heat
- Add flour and whisk until smooth and golden
- Whisk in 4 cups of milk and cook until thickened whisking continually
- Stir in potatoes and add about 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Whisk in ranch dip and ham pieces
- Add milk until desired thickness and texture
- Serve with chives and/or ham on top
This is a super easy potato and ham soup that takes less then an hour to make!
Check out more easy dinner ideas!