There always seems to be a great toothpaste deal out there. Most of the time it ends up being free when you use coupons and FREE is hard to pass up.
However, what is one to do with all that toothpaste. Fortunately, there are many other uses then just brushing your teeth. In addition to donating it, here’s my top ten list of ways to repurpose the toothpaste in your stockpile.
- Remove crayon and pen from the walls – If you have kids in your house, I’m sure your walls have been drawn on. Toothpaste can remove it from the walls and any other hard surface. Just rub a little paste and water over the surface with a damp cloth or sponge, and voila it will go away. This also works great on scuff marks.
- Polish Jewelry – My mom taught me this trip many years ago. Simply apply the toothpaste to a soft bristle toothbrush (which you can also get for free) and polish away. Rinse thoroughly and dry. You will have a nice clean and shiny piece of jewelry.
- Repair a scratched CD – Use a soft cloth to rub a bit of white toothpaste onto the scratched surface of the CD. Wipe any visible streaks and globs off and then place the disc into your CD player. Any skipping should be gone.
- Stain Remover – Use on carpets, counters, and clothing to remove stains such as lipstick, kool-aid, soda and any other annoying stain. You should do a test on an hidden area first just in case of bleaching or discoloration.
- Remove Bad Odors – Wash your hands with a dab of toothpaste to remove odors such as gas, garlic or onions. If you have a pet that ever gets sprayed by a skunk, it will also work to remove that smell.
- Bug Bites and Bee Stings – Toothpaste works great on itchy bug bites and also stops the burning and stinging from a bee stink. It works because it drys out the bite or sting.
- Acne – Dab a small amount of toothpaste onto individual pimples before bed. In the morning wash it off and the pimple will be visibly reduced. It works because like bug bites it drys it out.
- Clean Clothes Iron – When the bottom of your iron turns black and crusty and is destroying your clothes, rub toothpaste on it and scrub with a toothbrush or sponge and it will be good as new.
- Shine Chrome Fixtures – Using a toothbrush or sponge, apply toothpaste to the fixture. Then Rinse and wipe dry.
- Prevent Foggy Bathroom Mirrors – Do you hate getting out of the shower and not being able to use the mirror. Rub toothpaste on the mirror and wipe off before you take a shower. This will prevent the mirror from fogging.
Kim is a work at home mom of five. She writes about money saving ideas on The Coupon High so that everyone can experience the joy of saving.