We associate lots of yummy smells with the holiday season, and cinnamon is surely one of them. The smell of cinnamon can perk up your whole house and give it a welcoming and comforting feeling. So, why not bring this scent of the holidays into your crafting too? These Cinnamon Dough Ornaments are the perfect craft if you are looking for some fun holiday décor that smells as good as it looks. Take a peek at how to make your own.
You will be surprised at how many of these items you already have in your kitchen, so give your cabinets a peek before you head off to the store.
1. Begin by mixing your cinnamon, water, and glue together in a bowl. It should be thick and moldable. If not, you can continue to add a teaspoon of water at a time until it is.
2. Start kneading the mixture so a soft dough forms. Place it back in the bowl and cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap. Allow it to chill in the refrigerator for about one hour.
3. After you chill the dough you can remove and kneed it again. Using your rolling pin, roll it until it is flat, smooth, and about ¼ of an inch thick. If it seems sticky, you can try rolling it between wax paper.
4. Now comes the fun! Use your cookie cutters to cut out the shapes of your choice. Using a pencil or straw, poke a hole in the top of the piece for hanging.
5. Place the finished ornament on a piece of wax paper or a dry, flat surface such as wooden cutting board or plate.
Now comes the time to be patient. It will take your ornament about 5 days to dry out completely. If they don’t seem to be drying, try moving them to a different spot in your home and flipping them.
In a few days, you will have beautiful and fragrant ornaments to adorn your home. Give this cinnamon dough DIY a try and see how easy it can be!
Be sure you check out the other DIY craft ornaments you can make!