Stuffed Peppers are a great dish for all kinds of occasions. This easy stuffed pepper recipe may be simple to make, but they are far from simple on the palette! A delectable mixture of ground beef, rice, cheese, and tomatoes stuffed into the fresh bite of a delicious green pepper makes this the perfect comfort food for a cool fall evening. It is truly a crowd pleaser and even makes the perfect addition to any potluck. These stuffed green bell peppers are a must have in any cooks recipe arsenal! This is a good, solid, basic recipe for stuffed peppers that offers you the freedom to change to your own liking with very few dishes to clean up after!
I like to use my pyrex baking dishes when I make this dish. It is perfect because of the high sides and the way the peppers fit just write in the space I have. This can also be cooked in other baking dishes if you don’t have a Pyrex one or another clear glass brand. It doesn’t take much more then that dish and a skillet to get this recipe done!
This is my go to recipe when entertaining friends and family! You can make as big or small a batch as you need!
Easy Stuffed Pepper Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cheese (whatever kind your family likes the best)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 5 to 6 bell peppers
- Cut the top off the whole green peppers. Clean all the seeds out of the inside and rinse with water.
- Put the peppers upside down to drain the water out.
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Brown ground beef . While browning add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper and minced garlic . Cook till onion and pepper are soft.
- After beef is fully cooked, drain grease out then add diced tomatoes, cooked rice and 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Put hollowed out peppers in a baking dish and fill with beef/rice mixture. I usually have a little filling left over so I put it in the bottom of the baking dish around the peppers. Cover with foil and cook 425* for 30 - 40 min until peppers are soft. (I like mine with a little bit of crunch to them so I cook them for about 30 minutes.)
- After 30 - 40 minutes uncover peppers and add remaining cup of cheese. Cook for additional 5 min or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!!
If you like this recipe you may also like these mexican stuffed bell peppers