How to Make a Heart Shaped Valentines Countdown Chain Garland
If you are like me you love Valentine’s Day. There is nothing like decorating the house with love in mind. This heart shaped Valentines garland is a super-easy way to decorate and get your kids involved in the fun!
I love doing decor projects with my kids. For one, they are learning and using their hands to make crafts, but also because I love seeing the sense of accomplishment as they make this heart shaped Valentine countdown chain garland.
This is one of the easiest crafts you can make with your kids but it is also super cute to put on your mantle or in a window.
How to Make a Heart Shaped Valentines Garland
This is a super simple garland that can be made in under 10 minutes start to finish. You can also use paper you have at home to make it so it could be as cheap as free!!
White, pink, red, and/or purple construction paper
- Cut Strips of red, white, purple and pink construction paper. I make mine 1.5 inches but anywhere from 1 to 2 inches wide will work.
- Take 1 strip and fold it in half creesing the fold.
- Take the ends of the strip and roll them down to the center and staple them together with a small stapler.
- That made your first heart!
- Now take another strip of paper and fold it in the center.
- Then take that strip and thread it through the center of the first heart.
- Then do the same as the first one and roll the ends down and staple them.
- Continue this process until you create the chain length that you need.
That is it! In less than 5 minutes you can have a super cute heart shaped Valentine garland.
More posts you will love on Living A Frugal Life!
10 Budget Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day
7 Healthy Alternatives to Valentine’s Day Treats